The Puppet Fundamentals for System Administrators class teaches students a best practice approach to managing their infrastructure using Puppet IT automation software.
Topics covered include:
- Developing modules/classes on a system that represent target systems.
- Using Puppet Apply to test and iterate modules.
- Placing modules on the Puppet Master.
- Declaring appropriate classes in node definitions.
- Triggering a Puppet run using the Live Management GUI
- Collecting and analyzing results in the Enterprise Console
- Puppet Language Patterns and Best Practices
Topics are covered over 3 days. Sessions will mix theory and practice, balancing 50% lecture with 50% hands-on exercises. (In order to perform the hands-on exercises, each student needs to bring a WiFi enabled laptop with VMware installed to participate in the labs.)
This course has no prerequisites, but to complete the course successfully attendees need to have at least the equivalent experience of a junior Unix/Linux administrator.
What will you learn:
After completing this course, students will be able to deploy basic system configurations using Puppet IT Automation software in a Master/Client configuration. Students will also be equipped with the requisite knowledge to take up the Puppet Professional Certification program.
What is provided:
- Original training material from Puppet Labs
- Lunch for all 3 days of training
- Support and help after the training